Gulf Coast Medical Center
Gulf Coast Medical Center (GCMC) has distinguished itself as being the area’s healthcare quality leader. We are proud to be recognized by Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performing Hospitals and to be a recipient of the Reuters Top 100 Hospital’s Award. This can only be accomplished through hard work, attention to detail, and a determination to always keep patient care in the forefront of all we do. Please visit: gcmc-pc.com
The GCMC Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Service includes an Athletic Trainers Program which continues the commitment to excellence.
All of our athletic trainers:
- Hold degrees and have passed the National Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers
- Design their programs to meet the unique needs of young athletes. They recommend age-appropriate training, teach proper technique and use clear, understandable language to educate youth about sports and health related issues.
Through a contract with Gulf Coast State College, GCMC provides athletic trainers at the sporting events, as well as, during the pre- and post-season.
Their services include:
- Emergency care and treatment
- Injury prevention, assessment, care and rehabilitation
- Education about sports safety and nutrition
- Sport-specific training and conditioning programs
- Referrals if medical care is needed.
Evaluating any injuries that occur during play is one of the most important functions athletic trainers perform. They provide immediate treatment and refer the athletes for additional care when needed. The athletic trainers are part of the ImPACT® Testing concussion program. They determine whether an athlete has a concussion and when they can safely return to play.
To find out more about the Gulf Coast Medical Center Athletic Trainers Program contact: Ray Morris, Sports Medicine Coordinator (850)914-9191 or email@example.com